Better Communication – Bite-sized Learning for Scientists, Researchers, & Academics
May 10 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CEST€60
Effective communication skills are the cornerstone to success, both professionally and personally. Being able to communicate clearly, authentically, and respectfully is essential in forming positive and productive relationships.
In this 2-hour sessions, we will:
- Consider how communication works
- Look at how (and why) things might go wrong when we’re communicating, thinking about assumptions, bias, culture, channels, and more
- Understand how different communication styles influence effective communication
- Become aware of incongruent communication and how to handle it – in ourselves and others
- Learn how to clarify understanding to aid communication
- Learn simple models to get a point across without any waffle
- Discover the power of plain language
At the end of this session, you will have an increased awareness of how communication can fail, and how, by applying simple techniques and strategies, you can rescue failing interactions, and plan for successful communication with diverse audiences.
Would you like to run this course in-house and virtually for your team?
We can run this course as an in-house virtual programme for your team, tailored to your specific needs. For more information about how we can help, get in touch.