Build a Research Website or Blog – A Practical Workshop for Scientists, Researchers, & Academics
August 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CEST€360
LEARN HOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE OR BLOG FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR RESEARCH GROUP – IN ONE DAY!
If you want to set up a website or blog for your research group or start a professional blog for yourself where you can share your science, research, or experiences, you not only need a place to write your content, but you need to know how to do it and how to optimise it. By the end of this interactive workshop, you’ll have a completed WordPress blog ready to publish with your very own domain name.
This course will cover:
- What’s the point of a website or blog to share your research?
- Defining your objectives and audience
- Structuring your blog and website
- Setting up your blog and website
- Posts, pages, images, and videos
- Comments and moderation
- Designing a simple look-and-feel with WordPress themes
- Adding extra functionality with WordPress plugins
- How to write for WordPress
- Search engine optimization
- Your blog and the social web
- Security and WordPress maintenance
- Backing up your WordPress site
- Understanding hosting, domains, and going live
This is a practical, hands-on workshop and participants will need to be able to access the internet, open multiple browser windows, and work through exercises throughout the course. Each participant will receive a WordPress site that they can use on the day, and for up to 3 months following the course.
3 sessions of 2 hours each
(8:30am-10:30am | 12:00pm-2:00pm | 3:00pm-5pm CET)
This workshop is suitable for scientists, researchers, and subject-matter experts who want to create a website or blog for themselves or their research departments.
The goal of this workshop is for participants to publish their own website or blog within a month of being part of this workshop. By the end of this workshop, participants will have a WordPress website or blog that has a custom structure and design and that is more or less ready to go live (depending on the content). A half-hour “go live” session will be offered one month from the course during which time participants will buy a domain and hosting, make their websites live, and submit their new sites to Google for indexing.
Would you like to run this course in-house and virtually for your team?
We can run this course as an in-house virtual programme for your team, tailored to your specific needs. For more information about how we can help, get in touch.