- This event has passed.
Non-verbal Communication Essentials – Bite-sized Learning for Scientists, Researchers, & Academics
April 12 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CEST€60
Sometimes, what you say without words speaks volumes.
Before we engage with others, we often consider what we want to say, but we rarely think about our body language and non-verbal communication. Research shows that our non-verbal communication has a significant impact on what people understand, the impression we make, and how successful we are getting our message across.
This bite-sized learning session is designed to help you understand what non-verbal communication is, how to recognise it, and how to use it to build rapport, avoid self-sabotage, and be more persuasive at work and elsewhere.
In this fun session, you will learn:
- The different types of non-verbal signals we send
- How to recognise the broad categories of non-verbal communication
- How non-verbal communication can affect us – and others – and how to make the most of this
- How to deal with incongruent messaging
- How to interpret common non-verbals – gestures, expressions, eye contact
- Making the most of non-verbals in online environments
You’ll leave this session with an increased understanding of how non-verbal communication can make or break your interactions, and skills that you can build upon to read others, and control what your body says when you don’t say a word.
Would you like to run this course in-house and virtually for your team?
We can run this course as an in-house virtual programme for your team, tailored to your specific needs. For more information about how we can help, get in touch.