Telling Research & Science Stories – A Practical Workshop for Scientists, Researchers, & Academics
October 12 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm CEST€240
HARNESS THE POWER OF NARRATIVE TO SHARE YOUR RESEARCH
Facts and figures are important but they speak to people’s intellect and are quickly forgotten. In contrast, as humans we seem hard-wired to remember stories because they trigger our emotions and our imaginations.
That’s why stories are such a powerful tool when it comes to sharing science and research, particularly if we want people to remember it, and even more so if we want to inspire people to DO something.
When we talk about stories, we’re not necessarily talking about folktales, and we’re certainly not talking about telling lies! We’re talking about using narrative structures to help you bring science and research to life, to inspire trust, to connect with your audience, and to make it memorable.
This course will cover:
- Understanding the value of storytelling in research and scientific environments
- How and when stories can be used in communicating
- How to align supporting narratives with communication goals
- The elements successful stories share
- How to find meaningful stories
- Data and storytelling
- The story of your research
- How to choose the right narrative structure
- How to create vivid characters and descriptive settings
- How to use voice and body language to enhance delivery
- How to build an easy-to-reference story library
2 sessions of 2 hours each (same day)
(9:30am-11:30am | 1:30pm-3:30pm CET)
This workshop is suitable for scientists, researchers, and subject-matter experts who want to incorporate stories into their research and science communication to make it memorable and inspire action.
The goal of this workshop is for participants to learn how to make science and research more relatable using storytelling and narrative approaches in their science and research communication.
Would you like to run this course in-house and virtually for your team?
We can run this course as an in-house virtual programme for your team, tailored to your specific needs. For more information about how we can help, get in touch.