Presenting Effectively Online
How to get your message across in virtual presentations
Knowledge is power – even if you don’t use social media!
About this course
You know how to plan your message, create your presentation, and present in front of a live audience, but how can you create empathy and impact if you’re presenting online or virtually?
In this short, practical seminar-style session, we’ll cover:
- The pros and cons of communicating remotely
- The specific challenges of communicating by telephone, vs audio & content, vs audio, content & video
- How to use your voice
- The importance of your body language
- Being seen in your best light
- Technology tips
- Managing expectations and dealing with problems
There will be time for questions during and after the session.
Please note that this is not a workshop and no time has been set aside for small group work or brainstorming.
Scientists, researchers, and faculty who is moving towards delivering presentations remotely through tools like Skype, Teams, Zoom, WebEx, and other video conferencing tools.
The main outcome of this short session is to give participants practical tips and ideas to deliver presentations effectively using online tools. This is not a presentation skills course: it focuses exclusively on transferring existing skills to an online environment.
Number of Participants:
* Please note that this is a course in communication skills NOT an English language learning course. It is therefore suitable for both native and non-native English speakers.
If you'd like to discuss science communication training, coaching, our communication skills workshops, or something related but different, get in touch.
Write to us