The Non-Verbal Scientist:
Body Language Workshop
Know yourself & know others.
About this course
In this interactive workshop, you will learn to:
- Understand the range of non-verbal behaviours that we call ‘body language’
- Understand the nuances of handshakes and touch
- Understand how your personal style influences your body language
- Match body language to words
- Know how to read facial expressions
- Interpret common gestures
- Interpret eye contact
- Understand power poses
- Become aware of the differences in body language across cultures
This workshop is suitable for scientists and faculty who want to understand and use body language to become better all-round communicators.
The purpose of this workshop is to show you how to avoid unconsciously sabotaging yourself through negative non-verbal communication. You’ll also learn how to read non-verbal signals and control your own body language to build rapport , increase personal impact, and become a better all-round communicator.
4 hours / half-day
Number of Participants:
* Please note that this is a course in communication skills NOT an English language learning course. It is therefore suitable for both native and non-native English speakers. Participants should have a good working level of conversational English. If in doubt about your level please arrange a call with the facilitator.
If you'd like to discuss science communication training, coaching, our communication skills workshops, or something related but different, get in touch.
Write to us